In BIM (Building Information Modelling), i.e. in the object-oriented building design, IFC is one of the most commonly used formats. Files in this format are exported and imported to such programs as, among others, Revit, ArchiCAD, Tekla Structures and Allplan. Projects created in a BIM system are not only three-dimensional buildings with set textures but objects that convey information on their properties, eg. materials, with all coefficients, values and additional data that can be assigned to an element. ArCADia-IFC, in the new version of the ArCADia system, changes the approach to IFC file reading by importing them without any conversion. This allows the model to be loaded more precisely together with all the data of any object for creating each building. Elements are not converted into system objects and, thanks to this, all files are loaded regardless of the structure of the model that no longer needs to be analogous to the structure of the building existing in the ArCADia system. Any number of IFC files can be loaded into ArCADia and can coexist with the systems models in the project. The models are independent and, yet still, when all data on objects is transferred, they are subject to verification of designs with collision options and finding, e.g., crossings between structure elements and different installations, regardless of whether they are imported as IFC model or created with ArCADia system options.
- IFC file import introduced as an independent model to any project. The new version allows the import of a file to any project (a new one or with the existing ArCADia system model structure) and to load several IFC models to one project. The imported model can be loaded using a simplified view on the projection (with only the object envelope shown) or with all edges visible.
- IFC model management: addition and removal of imported files.
- Possibility to modify the model position in the project space, possibility to shift within X, Y system and within altitude m above sea level.
- Quick access, in the properties window, to all parameters of IFC objects saved in the source program.
- Coexistence of IFC models and ArCADia system models in one project; thanks to which, collisions among all or indicated objects of all models existing in the project can be checked already at the design stage.
- Project save function through a project package together with all IFC models introduced into the project.
In order to work, all industry-specific modules need a license for:
- ArCADia LT or ArCADia 10 or ArCADia PLUS 10 or Autodesk software AutoCAD® 2014/2015/2016/2017
- If an industry-specific module is installed as an overlay for AutoCAD® software, ArCADia AC module is required.
- Pentium-class computer (Intel Core i5 recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (minimum 8 GB recommended)
- About 3 GB free hard disc space for installation
- A graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0 (a 1GB RAM card recommended)
- OS: Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (Windows 10 64-bit recommended)